Tattoo Aftercare Instruction:
- Remove bandage or plastic wrap after 2hrs or more(if using tattoo bandages or http://www.dermalizepro.com or http://saniderm.com).
- All wounds need to breathe, to heal properly.
- Hand* wash the tattoo using a mild anti-bacterial soap using lukewarm clean water.
- Wash off all traces of dry blood and plasma as this will cause scabbing. Dry scabbing, caused by dry plasma build up and peel off the ink during the healing process.
- Do not use washcloth during the healing period as it can harbor bacteria.
- Avoid going to the gym or physical contact exercise or sports, until the tattoo starts to dry up and build scabbing.
- Your tattoo is exposed to the airborne and blood-borne disease for the first 4 days, and it is prone to infections.
- Pat tattoo dry with a clean, soft cloth or soft paper towel and leave it air dry for about 30min or until skin feels dry and little tight.
- Once dry, apply a very light coat of aftercare ointment to the tattoo.
These are tattoo aftercare products recommended;
INK-EEZE-Purple-Non-Petroleum-Tattoo-Ointment, Hustle-Butter, Aquaphor, Tattoo Goo, Bepanthol
Too much ointment traps germs into your new tattoo which can potentially lead to infection.
Dab off all excess ointment with a paper towel.
Use enough ointment to keep tattoo moist and not scab. Do not re-bandage the tattoo.
Repeat the cycles of washing, drying and applying ointment 3-5 times a day for the first 3-5 days while tattoo feels tender.
Everyone’s skin heals differently as some heal faster than others.
An ointment can be applied when tattoo feels stiff and dry. It is normal for the tattoo to start itching and dead pigment skin peels off your tattoo.
Do not scratch or peel your tattoo you will pull the inks out!
Use skin lotion or an *unscented* moisturizer such as Eucerin, Lubriderm, Jergens and apply 2-3 times daily or possibly longer for slower healers.
You must keep your skin moisturized so it forms a thin membrane to protect the tattoo during heal time. You must keep your tattoo clean.
Avoid long showers! No baths, No swimming pool or ocean! No sauna, hot tub.
Remember do not pick your tattoo while healing.
Disrupting the tattoo while healing can cause scar tissues.
Keep tattoo out of long exposure to direct sunlight.
Use sunscreen or sunblock after all dead skins fall off.
Never put sunblock on a tattoo that’s still healing.
Following these simple steps ensure you ending up with the best result with minimal complications and your tattoo will stay bright and beautiful for many years to come.
Notes: There’s not 1 aftercare ointment that is best for all types of skins and Not all skins heal well with certain ointments and lotions.
If irritation occurs or you break out in heat rashes.
Discontinue for 1-2 days and use another ointment. Some skins do not hold tattoo inks well in place and may need a touch up in 3 – 5 years or more and this happens more often with some color ink pigments.