Tattoo Aftercare Instruction:
- Remove bandage or plastic wrap after 1hr to 2hrs or more if forgot to. All wounds need to breathe if they need to heal properly.
- Hand* wash the tattoo using a mild anti-bacterial soap like Dial or Provon with warm water.
- Wash off all traces of dry blood and plasma as this will cause scabbing. Do not use washcloth during healing period.
- Pat tattoo dry with a clean, soft cloth or paper towel and leave it air dry for about 30min or until skin feels dry and little tight.
- Once dry,apply very light coat of aftercare ointment to the tattoo.
You can use Vitamin A&D,Aquaphor,Tattoo Goo, AfterInked,InkFixx,Tattoo Majik,Bepanthol or other tattoo aftercare products. Too much ointment traps germs into your new tattoo which can potentially lead to infection. Dab off all excess ointment with paper towel. Use enough ointment to keep tattoo moist and not scab. Do not re-bandage the tattoo.
Repeat the cycles of washing,drying and applying ointment 3-5 times a day for the first 3-5 days while tattoo feels tender. Everyone’s skin heals differently as some heals faster than others. Ointment can be applied when tattoo feels stiff and dry. It is normal for the tattoo to start itching and dead pigment skin peels off your tattoo. Do not scratch or peel your tattoo you will pull the inks out!
Use skin lotion or *unscented* moisturizer such as Eucerin,Lubriderm,Jergens and apply 2-3 times daily or possibly longer for slower healers. You must keep your skin moisturized so it forms a thin membrane to protect the tattoo during heal time. You must keep your tattoo clean. Avoid long showers! No baths,No swimming pool or ocean! No sauna,hot tub. Remember do not pick your tattoo while healing. Disrupting the tattoo while healing can cause scar tissues.
Keep tattoo out of long exposure to direct sunlight. Use sunscreen or sunblock after all dead skins falls off. Never put sunblock on a tattoo thats still healing.
Following these simple steps ensure you ending up with the best result with minimal complications and your tattoo will stay bright and beautiful for many years to come.
Notes: Not all skins heals well with certain ointments and lotions. If irritation occurs or you break out in heat rashes. Discontinue for 1-2 days and use another ointment. Some skins does not hold tattoo inks well in place and may need touch up in 6years or more and this happens more often with some color ink pigments.